13 August 2014

Editorial: Michael Brown and Anti-Black Violence

 I'm keenly aware of what I wrote in my July 12th post about spiritual nourishment/renewal and creating more of a  balance that focuses on the best instincts and behaviors of humanity.  Although the intent is still there, I find it necessary  to share this  editorial on the Feminist Wire site regarding the recent murder of an unarmed black teenager, Michael Brown, by a 'rogue' police officer.  It is well written and  speaks to this expanding and ongoing  assault on our unarmed black youth and adults across this country by law enforcement.  It is what it is and a feel good story isn't going to work for me at this point.  I remain hopeful.






2 comments:

mary burrell said...

It's been a cruel Summer in 2014. It makes my heart and soul heavy.

Carolyn Moon said...

@Mary Burrell....Indeed!!! :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...